Tcl Dev Kit (TDK) forked from github.com/ActiveState/tdk
Tcl Dev Kit (TDK) includes everything you need for fast development of self-contained, easily-deployable applications. Turn your Tcl programs into ready-to-run executables, starkits or starpacks, for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris, AIX and HP-UX.
Simplify development with tools for finding and fixing bugs, managing complex code bases and optimizing your programs. Easily reveal unused or overused code with the coverage and hotspot analyzer. Take control and work the way you want with a choice of GUIs or command line interfaces for most tools.
General structure / directory organization
- app - application sources, including main entry points. Some debug helper code which can be sourced by apps.
- data - Images used by the apps.
- docs - Internal dev notes and the official documentation.
- lib - All the supporting packages. Some overlap with the `teapot` project.
- misc - A hack-week project, incomplete, which never made it into the product.
- pkg-src - Sources for the `win32 package. Written in C for access to some Windows system information (mainly paths).
- `data/images/about.gif` is a placeholder for the background image of an about dialog. The supplied image is all-grey.
Note: It is actually not clear if this image is still referenced, and if yes, where.
- `artwork/splash.png` is a similar placeholder, for the splash screen.
Note: The places referencing this image (`app/*/main.tcl`) are written on the assumption of unwrapped execution in the directory structure of the checkout. The knowledge of the expected structure is used to locate the image relative to the code file referencing it.
For wrapped execution the original build system put the file `main_std.tcl` into the app as `ms.tcl` and added the splash setup code referencing the wrapped image.
Copyright (c) 2018 ActiveState Software
Tcl Dev Kit (TDK) is released under the BSD-3 license. See LICENSE file for details.